Saturday, March 14, 2015

Lesson 2

Basic Discovery Exercise

 Chilton

1. There was no maintenance schedule available for my 2013 Ford Explorer. I redid the search several times - maybe I am missing something? The only two things that were available were the Labor Estimating and the Bulletins/Recalls.

2. The most recent Technical Service Bulletin or recall was that some vehicles equipped with MyFord Touch and built on or before 8/15/2013 may exhibit concerns with navigation, voice recognition, call sound quality, phone pairing, clock, media, WiFi pass code entry, rear view camera guide lines and/or system performance.

3. Unfortunately the Repair tab was not an option for my car.


Mango Languages


1. I tried out the French since my mom and grandparents were all French. I really liked the placement test. I also liked that a person can start on any chapter that they would like to. I also liked that the literal meanings were given!
 
2. The student may go to the English for Vietnamese speakers. It speaks in the student's language and then again in the English language - way cool!!


Tumble Books

1. I checked out "The Diary of a Fly." I like how the stories load fast and how you can back up a page or go forward a page as needed. I like the voices - they are pleasing to children's ears. I also love how the storybooks can be listened to by a student or the sound can be turned off so that the student may read it.

2. Nice clarity in the videos. I think that many of the games and puzzles would be too difficult for many kindergarten aged children.

3. I would promote this e-source to my students during class and their parents through a newsletter. I would also promote it to my grandchildren and to my friends who have children or grandchildren. Great resource!!
 

1 comment:

  1. Great discoveries this week! The Ford Explorer is the first vehicle I have seen without the maintenance info--I am going to ask the vendor. I went back to an '06 Explorer and was able to get the info but very odd. Thanks for pointing it out.

    I love your ideas to promote Tumblebooks!

    Thanks for your post,

    Julie

    ReplyDelete