Sunday, March 22, 2015

Lesson 7

1. I did a search for Alzheimer's Disease. There were 52 results. I chose to look at search result 2 - Alzheimer's Disease Prevention, Intervention, and Treatment. Options were for PDF Full Text; Table of Contents and Most Relevant Pages. From this eBook I clicked on Chapter 6 - Causes. Chapter 6 could then be broken down even further to allow the student/reader to narrow down his/her search. When I clicked on the option to view the most relevant pages from this eBook a reference page came up. I didn't really understand what it was for. I was not impressed with the publication dates as they were from 1991 - 2002. When I searched for newer publications, it said that there were none.

2. When I searched Constitution Day under the Basic Search there were no results found. When I clicked on Advanced Search, I got 20 results. Looking through the titles of the eBooks I was unsure as to whether or not they even related to Constitution Day, so I googled Constitution Day. I found out that it was the same thing as Citizenship Day. The Basic Search for Citizenship Day yielded 11 results. To me, none of them looked like they pertained to the topic. Maybe I just need someone to help me with this resource since I really was no able to find anything that I could recommend. It would also depend on what age group we would be looking at.

3. I chose to do a search on Nebraska. The search results numbered 88. Next, I typed in western history in the "and" box - results numbered 3. Then I narrowed down the publisher dates to 2000 to 2015 (going back to just the search of Nebraska with no western history included.) The results numbered  41. The majority of the eBooks were about Native Americans. All were published by University of Nebraska Press. All in all, I really don't think that I would ever use this resource.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comments about Ebooks on EbscoHost. Due to changes in content acquisition, new content has not been added to Ebooks on Ebscohost since 2006.

    The relevant pages is supposed to bring up the most relevant pages in the title you are looking at based upon your search.

    Thanks for the post!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete